In what situations is IUI used?
- Ejaculation problems (of anatomical, psychological or neural origin)
- Mildly low sperm parameters (variations on concentration or mobility)
- Situations where the spermatozoa are immobilised by the woman's cervical mucus, which sometimes is too thick
- Cases in which the woman's body produces antibodies that destroy sperm
- Unexplained Infertility (as a first line approach)
It is only possible to perform intrauterine insemination if the sperm present normal or little altered parameters of sperm concentration, mobility and morphology.
IUI is also used in cases where it is necessary to use sperm donation. In these situations, the sperm used in Ferticentro comes either from donors selected by our clinic or from foreign certified sperm banks with excellent methods and rigorous quality control. The donor is always anonymous and is referenced only by a code. The sperm is donated for free, leaving the couples to pay only for the laboratory costs involved in its collection, storage and treatment . The entire treatment takes place with the complete assurance of confidentiality; couples are informed and relevant consent is obtained throughout the process.